In bullet form…
- I’m way overdue for a haircut. A few weeks ago, we arrived early to church. I noticed a woman’s hair color that I liked and pointed it out to Bri. We also talked about how I need to get my hair shaped and cut. Bri told me to just make the appointment which somehow lead to tears. It is still hard for me to see even the slightest bit of my hair cut off and discarded. I know this sounds irrational, but it is just how I feel. Well, I finally made an appointment, but it is not until March, meaning it will have been 4 months since my previous hair cut (November 8th). Wow. I’ll have to post hair growth pictures.
- I got the results of my blood work. Cholesterol is down and within the healthy range. My bad cholesterol is good and my good cholesterol is great. Way to go me. But, my white blood counts were low. Low blood counts combined with a germ filled household and work environment is probably what lead me to get sick.
- I’m pretty sure I have/had the flu. I have not felt this horrible in forever and have even missed 3 whole days of work. I have the chills one minute and then wake up soaking wet with sweat. I actually had to change my clothes in the middle of the night because they were completely sweat soaked. I think I’m finally on the upswing and I now just have this nagging and lingering cough.
- We’re having a Superbowl party. Due to my germiness, Bri is not letting me prepare any of the food. I even offered to wear gloves and a face mask because I love to cook and entertain. Thankfully, Bri is pretty handy in the kitchen and I’m confident he can pull everything together.
- February and March are quite busy for us. We have lots of fun things scheduled on our calendar, but I’m looking forward to things calming down in April.
- My mom’s breast biopsy came back negative (benign). Not even sure if I mentioned it on this blog. She had a biopsy in August and was a nervous wreck. And then she had to have another one last week. She seemed much more calm this time around and I honestly felt assured that it would turn out to be nothing. Well, thankfully I was right. I could not imagine watching someone I love going through what I went through.
And that’s all folks…