No resolutions for this girl, just dreams and goals! Usually, I write down or make a mental note of my yearly goals. Well, I was searching and searching and I guess I never did that for 2011 (hmm…I wonder why). I did accomplish a lot over the past year, but Bri and I both agree that we’re happy to see 2011 end. So, despite all of the obstacles we encountered, let’s take a look back and try and put a positive spin on everything…
- I kicked cancer’s butt!
- I completed my master’s degree
- Thanks to a flooded basement on Memorial Day weekend, Bri learned some new home improvement skills.
- I ran my 1st half marathon (just 2 1/2 months after finishing all my treatments)
- We won a 3rd place title once again in the tailgating contest at the Fair Hill Races
- I got to experiment with several new hair styles and a different hair color.
- We froze 7 lil embryos
- Bri got a new pickup truck
And of course, I have a few ideas (dreams and goals) for 2012!
- Adopt a doggie. I was dog sitting for our friend this past week. And before going into this dog sitting job, I truly thought I was ready to get another dog. I think I still need some more time to grieve for Jessie, but I would like to welcome a new furry friend into our household at some point this year.
- Go on a much needed vacation – preferably someplace warm with sand, clear blue water and frozen umbrella drinks!
- Learn how to use my new camera.
- Tackle a new sewing project (I’m thinking bedroom curtains and/or a table runner).
- Paint our bedroom.
- Declutter and just get rid of “stuff.”
- Go to a Raven’s game and/or concert and/or Broadway show. Its been too long and Bri just flipped to a Kenny Chesney concert on TV, so his channel surfing just inspired my last goal!
- Run another half marathon. And work on my speed work.