Week in Review

Oh my, I might be falling a bit behind.  So, here’s a quick little recap of what’s been going on.

Feb. 11: We drove out to my parents house in PA to spend a relaxing weekend with them.  Bri had plans to ski, while I had plans to do nothing.  Yup, that’s right!  Alexis actually had no plans or to do lists.  I also started my low dose Hcg and Follistim injections.  My nurse mom was there, but I decided to continue with Dr. Milam for all of my injections. 

Feb. 12:  An uneventful day.  Since my activity levels will be restricted for a while, I was determined to go out with a bang.  My mom and I dropped Bri off to go skiing and then headed to the gym.  I would have preferred to be outside, but I ran a quick 4.5 miles while looking out over the scenic Blue Mountains of PA from the gym’s treadmill.  I felt great afterwards. 

Feb. 14:  Happy Valentine’s Day! It is hard to believe that this was our 9th Valentine’s Day together (not that we really celebrate the holiday, but still).  I went in for my first daily monitoring – blood work and an ultrasound.  The nurse counted about 14 follicles and possibly more during my ultrasound.  Woo hoo – that’s great.  Later on in the afternoon, the doctor’s office called and told me I didn’t have to come back on Tuesday.  I squeezed in my last official run (outside) after work.  Even though I was told I could continue to exercise and do activities up until Feb. 16, I was starting to feel bloated today and I didn’t want to risk anything.  So, I just ran 30 minutes and treated the run as a stress reliever and real dose of Vitamin D.  Back home, Bri was waiting for me so we could start our Valentine’s Day dinner – homemade fettucine with chicken in a white wine garlic sauce.  It was quite tasty. 

Feb. 16:  Back to the office for blood work and an ultrasound.  No new news, other than that my left ovary was hiding behind my uterus.  They called later and told me to keep my dosages the same. 

Feb. 17: More blood work and the ultrasound.  The nurse counted the follicles and we’re still looking at about 14 or 15.  They called later to tell me to start the Ganirelix injection and they didn’t need to see me until Saturday!  So, I mentally prepared myself for 3 injections.  It is getting a lot easier, but I still don’t think I can stick myself.  Dr. Milam is doing a great job.  As I mentioned on Facebook and Twitter, I’m starting to feel like a human pin cushion, ugh.  It was unseasonably warm today and the high temps and sunshine should last for a few days.  I am a lil bummed that I can’t be outside doing more fun stuff.  I did try to stretch out my walk with Jessie, but I had to slow myself down on more than one occasion because I’m just so used to walking fast. 

Feb. 18:  No doctors visits today!  My calendar is crazy right now – both with doctor’s visits and fun stuff.  I am trying to balance it all and not let myself get too upset if I have to decline invites to some of the fun stuff.  I did start freaking out today when I looked at the calendar and realized that my 1st chemo treatment is in 2 weeks.  Yikes, I have a big to-do list before then.

This entry was posted in Friends, Family, & Fun. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Week in Review

  1. Jen Rasmussen says:

    You’re doing so great! Such a trooper! Hey- can you send me the recipe for v-day dinner? Sounds really good

  2. Aunt Patti says:

    I think it’s great that you are so comfortable with Dr. Milam giving you the injections. Knowing how you feel about needles, he must be doing a great job! The PA place sounds like a great place to “do nothing!”

Let Me Know You Stopped By...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s